Almond and Cardamom Butter Balls
The combination of almond, cardamom, and orange flavors will make these cookies addictive for you as well.
Yield 22-24 cookies | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes
This is another recipe from my mom's recipe notebooks. These little crisp and pungent almond and cardamom butter balls are mouthwatering.
The dough is made in minutes in the food processor.
These are simple yet very palatable little balls that would go perfect alongside a fresh fruit salad or a citrus sorbet... or a couple of them accompanying your tea cup will make your day any time of the day...
Ingredients to make the Almond and Cardamom Butter Balls
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched or un-blanched, lightly toasted and ground (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, freshly ground
- 1/2 tbsp zested orange
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar for dusting, optional
required equipment: food processor, baking sheet (17x11 inches)
- Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with a silpat (or parchment paper) and set aside.
- Place almonds in the food processor and pulse until they are ground.
- Add all ingredients in the food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine meal. Then process continuously until the dough begins to gather together.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Space them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven about 20 minutes until they are firm to the touch. Transfer to the rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Store in an air-tight container (before dusting).
You can use blanched almonds or almonds that still have their skins on for this 'Almond and Cardamom Butter Balls' recipe.
Other Recipes You Might Like
DISCOVER MORE OF THESE HEALTHY AND EASY RECIPES
Preparing recipes from scratch is not a daunting task. It's just more fun to offer home-made goodies to your family and friends!
You will finally have a collection of healthy and easy to prepare recipes.
They are good for any occasion, not only at teatime...
Imagine how satisfying it is going to be being able to offer the healthiest food to your family and friends!
Your life in the kitchen is about to reach a whole new level of fun and satisfaction. Enjoy it!